Saturday, May 3, 2014

Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp

 

I just started eating curry this past year, and I absolutely love it. I couldn't wait until I could make it on my own!

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb cooked shrimp (can also use uncooked)
  • 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1 scallion
  • 1/2 onion
  • 2 tbsp. coconut oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1 tsp. ground coriander
  • 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 1 tbsp. curry
  • sea salt
Directions:
  1. Make sure shrimp is peeled, deveined, rinsed, and dry
  2. Chop the onion and mince the garlic
  3. Put coconut oil in medium plan and heat on medium
  4. Saute onions and garlic until soft
  5. Add shrimp (make sure to cook for a few minutes if adding in raw)
  6. Put together all dry spices 
  7. Add coconut milk and all dry spices
  8. Use spatula to scrape up seasoning from the bottom of the pan
  9. Simmer for 4 minutes on very low heat
 I ate this with Roasted Carrot and Broccoli Slaw and Cauliflower Rice

Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment