Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Spicy Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili

 

I got this recipe from Skinny Taste. I wanted to make a Whole30 friendly chili that I could bring to work for lunch and that would fill me up. This was SO good! As I'm writing this, I'm also writing a shopping list so I can make this again tonight... This would be the perfect thing to make on a Sunday so you have meals all week!

Ingredients:
  • 20 oz. lean ground turkey
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin
  • 1 tsp. sea salt
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 18 oz can tomato sauce
  • 3/4 c. water
  • 1/4 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp. paprika
  • 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper (leave out if you don't wan
  • 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
Directions:
  1. Add turkey to skillet, sprinkle cumin and 1/2 tsp. salt over, mix, and brown over medium high heat. Keep mixing and breaking up meat until all meat is cooked
  2. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes
  3. Add tomato sauce, water, chili powder, paprika, and sweet potato
  4. Cover, turn heat to medium-low, and cook for about 25 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft
     

Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment