Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Homemade Buffalo Turkey Meatballs

 

I am quite proud of myself for these because they are completely made up by ME! I LOVE buffalo chicken. I was so happy to realize that Frank's hot sauce is Whole30 compliant. Just peppers and vinegar and wholesome ingredients you can pronounce. In restaurants, if I would ever order buffalo chicken sliders or wraps, I usually doused it in blue cheese and blue cheese sauce. This time, I smothered it in Homemade Ranch, and it was almost better!

Makes: 16 golf ball sized meatballs

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound ground turkey (you can also use chicken)
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 tsp. sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 2/3 c. Frank's red hot sauce
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Combine all ingredients
  3. Roll into golf ball sized meatballs
  4. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
  5. Place meatballs on top of cookie sheet
  6. Bake for 30 minutes
I ate these on top of zoodles (just spiralize a zucchini, heat about 1 tsp. of olive oil over medium heat, and when oil is hot, cook zoodles for a few minutes). I topped with Ranch. One of my favorite dishes I've ever made!

The last time I made these I wanted to make them really spicy and added 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (which created a sort of pepper oil crust flakes). Topped with ranch. Yum!



Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment