Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Chia Seed Pudding

 

Eating Whole30 or Paleo, you might find yourself eating a lot of eggs, especially for breakfast. It's nice to have a break, and this was the perfect thing. It almost tasted like a creamy yogurt, which I used to eat all of the time. It's also great because, like yogurt, you can top with all kinds of fruit. So far I've tried figs (pictured), blueberries, pineapple, and almond butter. All delish!

Ingredients:
  • 1 can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
  • Water
  • 4 tbsp. chia seeds
  • Dash of cinnamon
  • Fruit or nut butter toppings
Directions:
  1. Shake coconut milk can, and pour out into bowl
  2. Fill up half the can with water, and add to coconut milk. Stir
  3. Top with a dash of cinnamon
  4. Let sit overnight (the first time I spooned into different mason jars to grab and go for breakfast, and the second time I just kept it all in one big bowl. I think the second way was different)
  5. The next morning, top with fruit or nut butters!
Another picture when I used bananas and almond butter:


Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment