Monday, June 30, 2014

Salmon Cakes

 

I found this recipe through Primal Palate (recipe here). I eat a ton of her meals and find them all delicious! I love crab cakes, and I love salmon, so I figured I might as well combine them.

Ingredients:
  • 12 oz. canned salmon (I bought these at Costco - make sure you get wild!)
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1/2 tsp. sea salt
  • 1 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
  • 3 tbsp. bacon fat (she uses duck fat but I don't have that!)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
  3. In a large bowl, mix salmon, eggs, salt, pepper, and paprika
  4. Add garlic and onion and mix again
  5. Use hands to make patties and place on baking sheet
  6. Bake for 15 minutes
  7. Remove from oven and heat bacon fat over medium heat on stove
  8. Cook patties in fat for 2 minutes on either side
I ate these with Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Blue Cheese and Homemade Mayo.

All mixed together made amazing leftovers:

Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment